Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

Lemon Meringue Pie is my favourite dessert, so when I saw this Martha Stewart recipe on Cupcakes and Cashmere  the other day I had to give them a go. This is the first time I have made cupcakes and attempted piping.




I had a bit of fun with the piping


I didn't have the proper piping gear, so they don't look as flash as they could

If you are going to make these with the recipe from Cupcakes and Cashmere be warned making the meringue for the top is dangerous. You have to boil sugar with water and corn syrup whilst I was doing this I burnt it and stupidly chucked it straight into the sink. So you can imagine this boiling hot syrup splattered back up at me, so now I have blistered burns over my hands and some on my face, one on my eyelid :( which is now swollen haha lame, kind of looks like I have been punched in the eye.
So after running my face under cold water for 15mins(which resulted in brain freeze), a further 30mins feeling sorry for myself and also being slightly angry at Martha Stewart(although it is completely my fault) for suggesting such a thing I got back to it using a different meringue recipe 

3 Egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and add sugar one tablespoon at a time until sugar is fully dissolved
Make sure it is really stiff mine could have been a bit stiffer, also if you don't have a blow torch put the cupcakes under the grill for a few seconds

Overall they are really yummy and I will definitely be making them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment