Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Two course meal

I was feeling a bit adventurous the other night and decided to make a yummy dinner.

We started with Carrot, ginger and coconut soup, go here for the recipe.





This soup is amazing it has such a delicate taste. I never really follow recipes fully, it depends on what I have in my cupboards at the time. With this soup I added extra ginger and I didn't put in as much coconut milk as the recipe states. I find that the coconut milk dulls down the flavour slightly. I probably could have added more carrots in this particular batch.

Our second course was a pork roast. I had the pork in the oven for half an hour for every 500gms and I took it out when it was still slightly pink to rest. The pork will continue to cook while resting.



I also made apple sauce to go with the pork, for recipe go here






I wanted to do something a little different, so instead of just cutting up some carrots and boiling them I decided to make a carrot puree, go here for the recipe.

And the end result...


And it was bloody good.

No comments:

Post a Comment