Sunday, November 13, 2011

Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread

I came across this Strawberry balsamic flatbread a few weeks ago on the blog Joy the baker, you can find the recipe here.

I thought it was a pretty interesting combination of flavours, so I decided to give it a go.



I used frozen strawberries because that's all I had in the house, if you are going to give it a go I would suggest using fresh ones. The juices from the strawberries ran when I baked the bread it just doesn't look as pretty.


I had mixed reviews from friends and family that tried this, some loved it and others hated it. I have to say I'm on the fence with this one, the strawberry with the mint and the balsamic also with salt sprinkled on the top tasted strange to me. I am still unsure as to whether I liked it or not. I think if I had goats cheese on top as the original recipe has it could have been the key to these flavours working together.

I was babysitting my nephew at the time and I may have forgotten about the bread while it was baking, so I burnt it slightly oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment