Thursday, December 29, 2011

Focaccia for New Years

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and you are all looking forward to the New Year, I know I am and most of the people in Canterbury are hoping that 2012 is going to be a good one.

I have been posting a lot about food lately, but it's Christmas and New Year time, time for eating good food and lots of it. Plus I really enjoy photographing food, it doesn't move and it is patient. 
For those of you that have been asking I promise to do a fashion shoot in the New Year, now that I actually have more clothes to photograph.

I have made this Focaccia bread on a few occasions, it is fairly easy to make and nothing much beats the smell of fresh bread baking in the oven!

Dry active yeast

I used a high grade flour for the Focaccia






Recipe:

4 cups of  high grade flour or bread flour
2 Tablespoons of oil
2 teaspoons of iodised salt
2 teaspoons of dry active yeast
2 cups of lukewarm water
A sprinkle of mixed herbs
A few sprigs of chives
A couple of pinches of rock salt for the top of the bread

Knead together flour, yeast, mixed herbs, chives,  iodised salt, oil and water for about 2 minutes.
Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with glad wrap and sit in a warm place for an hour, I usually put mine in the hot water cupboard.

On a floured surface knead dough for a couple of minutes and roll out into a rectangle 2 inches thick.
Brush some oil on top and sprinkle with rock salt (you can also sprinkle some mixed herbs on top).

Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven on 180 degrees C. for 30-35 minutes.

You can substitute the herbs in this recipe for anything you desire, sometimes I like to add a bit of garlic.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy - check out my blog. www.lilmisskiwi.blogspot.com - I'm from Kaiapoi! Started my blog after the September earthquake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out your blog, looks great :)

    ReplyDelete