Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A weekend at the markets

Lyttelton Market

On Saturday I went to the Lyttelton market with a friend, we were pretty impressed with the produce, fresh baked goods, antiques and clothing that was available.  I suggest you check it out for yourself this weekend.

Oxford Street Christchurch
 10am-1 Saturday


This would be a great tool for making gnocchi

A dog parking area, genius!


Pretty cauliflower

The first time I have tried a fresh pork pie, it would have been great if I had some mustard to go on it. Yum

How awesome is it that the lemonade has flowers in it?
 Opawa Farmers Market

On Sunday I went to the Opawa farmers market with a friend from work. The fresh bread and other treats looked amazing.  

275 Fifeild Terrace, Christchurch 
Sunday 9am-12


I bought a Japanese Daikon radish and some Pak Choi, I am still not sure what I am going to cook with them.






She Chocolat  has a stall at the Opawa market, I got to try their hot chocolate and oh my it was like heaven in my mouth.
She Chocolat has a chocolaterie, a restaurant and also hosts weddings and functions amongst many other things in Governors Bay, 79 Main Road.





1 comment: