Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sunday roast (I know it's Thursday)

The weather was so horrible on Sunday that I thought it was winter. I decided to make a roast with the produce I had gotten from the Lyttelton market. I had never cooked any of the vegetables before so it was a experience/experiment for me. Overall it turned out bloody good. The chicken was tender and juicy and the vegetables were deilsh. 

I put lots of butter over the chicken before putting it in the oven to add flavour and get a good crisp on the skin

Fennel, sunshine squash, beetroot and purple cauliflower 




Fennel has a strong taste of aniseed 

I put some rubber gloves on so my hands wouldn't get stained pink

I roasted the beetroot in foil with some balsamic vinegar and garlic


I roasted the fennel with the other vegetables so the flavour would fuse together



Does anybody else love eating the chicken skin?

4 comments:

  1. YUM!!!! looks so good Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm, that looks delicious! I'd like to give cooking a roast a go one day.. :)

    http://joannefaith.com

    ReplyDelete