Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lamb chop gravy creation

I wanted to make French Onion Soup the other day but I didn't have all of the ingredients in the cupboard, I had some lamb chops in the freezer and below is the outcome from a craving of french onion soup.









It doesn't look appetizing but trust me, it is very tasty
Recipe:

Serves 4

4 medium onions sliced
3 medium potatoes cut into small pieces
1tsp salt
1 cup of Bisto gravy
2tsp of garlic
4 lamb chops

2 cups of cous cous
2 cups of hot water

Brown onions and potatoes on a low heat for half an hour
Add 1 cup of gravy
Put lamb chops in a casserole dish and add onions, potatoes and gravy
Bake at 180ºc for 1 hour and a half
When the lamb is almost ready to serve, add 2 cups of hot water to 2 cups of cous cous cover and let stand for 2 minutes
When the water has been absorbed add the butter and fluff with a fork
Serve the lamb on top of the cous cous and enjoy

This is a really simple meal to cook on a cold night, tonight I am cooking a different variation with beef.
Instead of browning the onions I put onions, beef and gravy into a casserole dish and baked for 2 hours at 150ºc. I am serving the beef on mashed potatoes, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment